Latest Reports, Publications & Events 2015
- Implementation of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Parallel Report. Submission to the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (October 2015) JustFair – for full report click here
- Kapilashrami, A. et al. (2015) Social Movements and Public Health Advocacy in Action: The UK People’s Health Movement.Journal of Public Health. – for full report click here
- People’s Health Movement Scottish People’s Health Manifesto – for full report click here
- Tackling Inequalities and Fighting for the Right to Health: Global connections and local actions
- This public meeting organised by member organisations of People’s Health Movement Scotland and the Global Public Health Unit brought together people from across the community; academic, activist, policy advocates and third sector working in Scotland and heard demands and discussed proposals from the Scottish health manifesto developed through participative and deliberative processes.
- Anuj Kapilashrami launched the UK Shadow report on the Right to Health submitted to the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (CESCR) that PHM members and colleagues contributed to.
- Rob McAlpine from Common Weal gave the key note on politics of health and the concluding panel heard SNP and Scottish Labour’s views on the manifesto.
- For more details on the event see this blog from Sara Marsden, a participant